Tuesday, May 13, 2008

2007 Babies, B-day, and Girls Night Out

A few weeks ago a couple of us surprised our friend Stacie for her 30th birthday. I she knew something was going on as they were pulling up in their car. (As they were driving up we were getting out of our car.) When I saw their van I panicked and yelled to Andy. THE RENNAKERS!I then ran to the alley to hide behind some bushes. While Andy and Grace jumped right back into the car. We thought we were clear when they passed our car. So I started walking and then noticed Darren was making a u-turn. I couldn't believe it. I didn't know what to do at that point. So I continued walking with my head down carrying a roasted chicken. Andy thinks Stacie didn't notice me because of my mo mo dress. (that's what he calls it but I call it my summer dress) Anyhow, as I turned my head to make sure Andy was back in the car. I noticed Darren was parking their van right across the street from our car and the Merrell's. I couldn't believe it. I knew Andy was stuck and I would be too if I didn't run to the door. So I ran to the front door of the Covey's complex and shouted "LET ME IN! SHE'S HERE!" I'm sure Jenny appreciated my shout out. When Stacie walked into the door we said "SURPRISE"! I think she was surprised because I saw tears in her eyes. (Andy came in later with G.)

After eating a delicous meal we sang happy birthday and ate Dalton's cake. (her son made the cake) We then made up a game called Most Likely. It was so funny and fun! You'll have to try it.

As the night was ending I noticed that we had all the 2007 babies in one room. I knew I had to take a picture of this moment. You may not know but out of our group of friends 5 of us had babies last year. It was not planned but I think love was in the air.

Then last night, we all got together to have one more girls night out.(Please note I didn't say last girls night out) It was so much fun last night. We ate yogurt and played Truth. After all these years you would think you know your friends. I was surprised to hear some of the funny stories but I think I was more surprised we ended the evening with no tears. I think maybe it was because we were in a yogurt shop or we were having too much fun laughing. I am glad we went out. I needed that. When I got home later that night (after talking wee hours into the night with Maegan) I realized how lucky I am to have good friends. I told her this summer is going to be very hard for me. Because everyone will be gone and I'll be here. I guess Andy & I will have to be creative. What should we do?


0 comments: