Monday, December 8, 2008

Halloween and Christmas

We all know A.'s favorite holiday is Halloween and mine is Christmas. We didn't decorate our house or have a party this year for Halloween. However, we did dress up G. We know it's late showing off her Halloween costume but we thought why not...it's not 2009 yet.
This year we were debating on buying a Christmas tree because of G. We knew she would destroy the tree by pulling on the lights and decor on the tree, so we were leaning towards not getting one. But things changed when I started complaining that it didn't feel or look like Christmas in our house. Plus, we were having a Christmas gathering at our place and we thought it would look nice with a tree.

As we were on our way to buy a tree I started thinking...I'm going to be by myself with G.,the tree, and a mess. I told A. we needed to figure away that G. can't get into the tree. This is what we decided.
We got a 5ft tree and placed it on our kitchen table. It's not our usual 10ft tree but I love it! I don't have to worry about G. pulling the lights or the tree branches. All G. does is stare at it.

This past Saturday we had a gathering. I made my delicious Basque stew.(sorry not in the picture) I took a picture of some of the food that could fit on the table due to the tree. The rest was in the kitchen. We had a great time!


G. loved the tree lot and she loved the tree we picked out. G. stared at the tree the whole time.

3 comments:

the Rew Crew said...

We have our Christmas tree on a coffee table! It looks huge in our small living room, but I love it. The kids like to place random toys on the lower branches to decorate it.

Hilarious.

Jill said...

she is basically snow white.

Andrea Weaver said...

Oh my gosh...I really can't get over how darling your little girl is!!! What a doll.