Monday, December 1, 2008

Opening Night...Twilight


I can't believe we went to go see Twilight opening night. I've never seen a movie on opening night except for the 1st Harry Porter movie, only because I had a friend who gave me vip passes.

A couple of years ago a group of us read Twilight for our bookclub. At first I wasn't crazy about the pick because I'm not into SciFi books. However, after reading the first couple of chapters I loved.

Before we saw the movie we went out to dinner to the Breadbar in Century City. I recommend it if you visit LA. A couple of weeks before the movie I went ahead and purchased advanced tickets to make sure we got in opening night. But we knew there would be a line to get in the theatre even with tickets. After waiting in line for a couple of minutes a few of my friends went inside the theatre and then another group went in. I guess while they were waiting by the entrance the manager asked them if they were part of the VIP group and if not they had to go to the end of the line. Just as they were panicking trying to figure something out. A girl from the VIP group shouted to one of my friends asking what she was doing. Carly then quickly told her our situation and the girl invited her to join her VIP group. It happened to be her birthday and her dad is a producer who got her VIP passes to Twilight. We ended up with the best seats.

After the movie we took a quick picture outside the theatre and talked about the movie. If you are looking for a good, clean (no sex, or profanity), low budget, and action movie, go see Twilight. If you are expecting to see a heart throbbing, action, Harry Porter movie... don't go see Twilight. Even though we had mixed reviews as a group we all agreed we couldn't wait for the next movie.




1 comments:

Andrea Weaver said...

You look SO gorgeous! I love that you and all your girlfriends went. Oh how I miss you!!! I promise I'll come say hi if I ever get a chance to come to California. And if you ever come to Utah I'd LOVE to see you!