I woke up early Saturday morning tired and nervous. I went to G.'s room covered her, walked over to B.'s bed and looked at her, and then I kissed A. good-bye. When I opened the front door I felt the cold crisp morning air. I thought to myself I don't have to go no one will know. But I knew I had to leave and just do it. As I drove away thoughts in my head kept telling me "no one will know just turn back" but I kept telling myself I would know and I would regret missing it. As I parked my car the thoughts came back "no one will know just turn back" but I ignored them. As I tied my shoe and walked towards the check-in area the thoughts came back "no one will know just turn back" but I continued. As I stood in the sun looking at everyone talking, laughing, relaxing, reading, stretching and waiting the feeling of loneliness came over me, and again I thought to myself, "no one will know just turn back". Then I heard the announcer say that it was time to head over to the starting area. As I stood there with the crowd the feeling of loneliness came back with the same thought. I said a little a prayer in my heart and started thinking of all the positive reasons why I was there. As I waited two gentlemen and I sparked a conversation. We laughed and talked about ourselves and then to our surprise the gun went off. We started to run the race! I looked ahead and never looked back. My goal was to run,run,run and not stop even to walk. During the race I noticed people were running with groups and/or loved ones. I ran the race alone but not by myself. Why?
During the race I saw one of the gentlemen who I had met at an earlier stop. As I ran towards him I said "get up and finish the race"! He quickly got up and ran past me. Along the side there were patches of spectators cheering for their loved ones. Around the halfway point of the race I said a little prayer asking H.F for strength and to not feel alone during my weak points. A few moments later a lady running in front of me turned towards me and said "just two kids ahead" my eyes got big with a smile. I replied "how did you know I had two kids"? She laughed and said "just to 2k ahead let's do it"! Even though she didn't say kids it made me think of my family. Then as I was running harder to pass each rabbit in front of me I started thinking of my family. Then a few minutes later I started to feel lonely but then I heard, "go mommy go"! I turned and saw two little girls in their pajamas waving at me or someone but it was a sweet reminder I wasn't alone.
Then as I was heading towards the finish line I could hear people shouting Go! Go! Go! Finish the race! As I past the finish line I thought to myself no one will know but I finished my race.
Even though I didn't run the fastest time, or come in first. I DID IT. I finished MY race and that was my goal to get up and finish the race.
This experience kind of reminds me of the gospel and life. Sometimes we are too scared to change or try something new because of the thought in the back of our minds that tells us "no one will know".
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
No one will know
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hooray! Good for you!
No one may ever know, and no one may ever care. But YOU know, and YOU care... and YOU did it! Congrats!!
Post a Comment