Thursday, September 4, 2008

China doll made in China?

Funny story. One of G.'s aunts bought her this beautiful Chinese outfit.


I was so excited for her to try it on. I had G. wear the outfit to church because that was the only place I could think of where she wouldn't look too different. People came up to us (G. & I) right and left telling me she looks like a China doll and asking me where we got the outfit. I told them my sister-n-law took a trip to China and bought this lovely outfit for her. Everyone loved the outfit and said they could tell this was not bought in the states because of the fine quality and detail on the outfit. Then a week past and we went out to dinner with A. family. I told his sister that G. wore the Chinese outfit last week. She was happy G. could fit in it. I mentioned to her I was so proud to tell people that I actually have an outfit made and bought on the main land of China. She laughed and said "I didn't get that in China when I went on my trip I bought it in San Francisco" and then Andy laughed too saying "Frances, everything is pretty much made in China" I felt like an idiot. Ok. Andy you got the last laugh but remember our China doll wasn't made in China.






4 comments:

Nelson Family said...

It looks like it was made in China -- so I would go with it! Grace is getting so big. We miss you guys! Julie

the Rew Crew said...

That girl is too stinking cute!

The Rennakers: said...

She is adorable! Happy Birthday Beautiful Frances! I hope your day was as fabulous as you are. xo

Jill said...

I love G.! She's s doll and so photogenic!