A. came home one night after visiting a less-active sister in our ward. He told me that this sister needed help and offered to help. He said that she needed baby girl clothes and a blanket for her daughter who is not in the best situation. Then he said that he told the sister that I could make a baby's blanket. I about died because I don't know how to sew. He thought that I knew how to make a blanket b/c one night I went over to N. house but he didn't know I made bows while N. made a blanket. Some how A. thought we made blankets the whole night. Funny.
So the next day I called my friend N. and told her my situation. She happened to be in AZ visiting B. for a couple of days. When I told them why I needed to make a blanket soon N. and B. totally took charge. When I saw the blanket I knew the sister was going to love it. (see photo above)
A. delivered the items to the sister and when A. pulled out the blanket he told her that two angels (not me) made the blanket. With tears in her eyes she said that the blanket was a symbol of Heavenly Father's love and that he does answer prayers.
When A. told me what she said I knew how she felt because in the past when I needed help He sent me angels to comfort and to support me.
Thank you again N. & B. for being my angels and angels to the sister you never met.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
You know when you have a friend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
what a great story.
miss you...
What great friends!
Just found your blog! Newell sent me the link and spilled the news... How have you been feeling? When is the date?
What sweet girls. What a cute blanket. I know that sister will feel of the Lord's love for her when she looks at that blanket.
What a neat story! (I just had goosebumps reading it). You are just one of the people that blesses the lives of so many with your genuine love and friendship. You're such a doll!!
Post a Comment