Last week I was surprised when A. came home on Thursday and told me he was coming home early on Friday. I got worried because I didn't know if that was bad or not but then he told me he made plans for us to head south to San Diego to spend Valentine's Day weekend with the whales. I started to laugh because I thought it was a joke. Well, it wasn't a joke we really did spend time with the whales at Sea World and what's funny it was my first time there. You would think all these years I've lived in CA I would have gone at least once.
We stayed in a very nice hotel but it was hunted to my surprise (it's a good thing I found out when we were checking out because I wouldn't be able to sleep). We also got to know downtown SD pretty well in a funny way. We drove around and around looking for free parking because I refused to pay $24 for valet parking plus tip at our hotel.
Here are a few pictures of our weekend trip. We covered G. up with a plastic rain cover that someone gave us there. However, G. only lasted a short time in it. We'll keep it for our next trip.
A. took this great photo of Shamu but couldn't take the after shot b/c we had a slight problem...water.
A. & G. standing next to the stinky flamingo exhibit.
That same week I was in a baking phase because I was craving chocolate and sweets. As I was baking I realized Valentine's Day was near and I thought giving away sweets to loved ones was a great idea. I made sugar cookie heart lollipops and divine chocolate cups. I bought white boxes that you would normally find at a bakery and decorated the box with a simple bow. I wish I took a picture of the sugar heart lollipops that I made because they didn't look like the picture below.
So if you got a Valentine's heart lollipop cookie that looked out of shape it's because I didn't know what I was doing. I recommend to make cupcakes and write a message on top to someone you care about. They will love the treat and the sweet message.
When A. came home and saw what I was doing he thought these treats would be a great gift for the families we HT and VT. So I hurried up and started baking another patch again. After I was done baking, mailing and delivering the treats A. realized we didn't have any for ourselves. So what did I do? I started to bake again and made treats for him. Now I'm all baked out for a while.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Sweets, Love, and a Whale
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When I'm pregnant I cook/bake all the time. I guess it's the whole 'nesting' thing or something, but it is the only time I ever want to cook.
Happy Valentine's Day. What a nice husband. This is a great post. I just realized that this is how I'll see little G grow up, so make sure and post LOTS.
Post a Comment