Monday, April 12, 2010

A Child's First Prayer


Tonight during our family prayer something happened for the first time. G. asked us to close our eyes. As our eyes were shut we started to hear her say "tanks Minnie Mouse, tanks Minnie Mouse, tanks Minnie Mouse, tanks Cinderalla, tanks Cinderalla, tanks Pooh, tanks Cinderalla" and then A. cut her off by saying in the name of JC amen. G.then looked up and said "Oracion"!(prayer in spanish) She told us to close our eyes as if she was the parent. She then continued her prayer and said " tanks Cinderalla, tanks Maegan, tanks Maegan, thanks Gong Gong (granpa in Chinese), tanks abuelita (grandma in Spanish), tanks grandpas, bless Amelia, bless dada, tanks Minnie Mouse, tanks Minnie Mouse Amen." When she was done she threw herself back onto her bed and started to laugh so hard. Of course we couldn't stop laughing as a family.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that kid. How dare A. cut off her prayer. And what an adorable picture of her.

Guess what?! I'm going to be in CA for my cousin's wedding in August! She's getting married in Sacramento but my goal is to head down to LA for a few days afterwards. I'll call you soon and we'll chat about it. Hooray!

Holly Park said...

So cute! She clearly has her priorities straight--thank you for Minnie Mouse!

Brad & Kim said...

What a sweet little girl!! She prays for Amelia?! I love it! Maybe we ought to have her teach A. how to pray again, she's in a no prayer time of life.

I love your family!

the Rew Crew said...

This is the cutest thing ever! My little one prays for the dinosaurs every night--it's awesome! Also, we all clap after our prayers, because toddlers just love to clap after anything momentous like that. Now I want to clap at church.

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

So sweet, and such a cute little prayer from a cute little California girl. You know a girl lives by Disneyland when this is her first prayer!! I lOVE IT!!