
The other day G. and I were in the garden section of a store. On the end isles they had displays of garden statues with assorted plants. As we walked passed them G. jumped up with excitement and said "JESUS! JESUS! I LIKE JESUS! I LOVE YOU JESUS! At first I was embarrassed 1. b/c G. made a small scene(she hardly talks in public), 2. the people around us were really LOOKING around for Jesus. 3. I hope those people didn't think I was teaching her all statues were of Jesus.
Then after we walked away I thought she forgot about it but she didn't. G. said in a sweet voice "I wana go see Jesus". I smiled and chuckled then explained to her I wanted to see Jesus too but we have to go. Then she replied "You no see Jesus"?
In that moment I was reminded of 3 Nephi 11:3-17 how the people of Nephi couldn't understand the voice of the Savior nor could recognize the Man descending out of heaven was Jesus Christ. This simple and sweet experience was a reminder of why I'm here on earth.
Friday, April 2, 2010
The Spirit of Easter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is one of the sweetest things I've read in a long time.
And you're doing a great job as a mom. She has Jesus in her mind, what a compliment to your teaching.
So glad you called yesterday, call again if you need to talk.
Love you!
Sweet little girl! Good mothering!
Post a Comment