
We thought about how to celebrate G.'s first birthday. I wanted to keep it small but A. wanted to have a party. We compromised and eliminated the inflatable bouncer. I thought it would be cute to have a Candyland theme but I didn't realize how the kids would react to candy.
A. created the invitations. Great job A.! With no computer, sick, and busy we sent the invitations very late or we tried to call some to info them about the gathering. We felt bad because we couldn't get a hold of everyone but everything worked out in the end. We bought tons of candy to decorate but we didn't realize the kids would be going nuts over the candy. I wish I had my camera on hand when we caught the kids climbing onto the table reaching for the candy.
We made candy ballons and hung them on the trees.
I made up a game called "Hide and Go Sweet" Andy went around hiding candy and the kids went around finding them.
I made a healthy pumpkin cake only for G. My mom helped out by putting the blueberries on the cake and making the yogurt frosting. Instead of giving cake to our guest we had the ice cream man handout ice cream sundaes.
As we sung to G. she was trying to grab the candle.
When we were done singing G. just stared at the cake. It took her a while to figure out that the cake was for her.
Instead of grabbing the cake she picked at the blueberries. I knew she loved blueberries but these blueberries weren't sweet. So when she'd put them in her mouth she'd spit them out as if she just ate a lemon.
Eventually she started to taste her cake and enjoy it
This is what it looked like when she was done with it.
This is the ice cream man. We had my dad wear a bow tie to play the part. He was great.
Where is G.? She stands out. She was crying because she wanted me to hold her during the picture.
We had G. pose one last time before the celebration ended. We were surprised she was still in a good mood.
When the celebration was done I reflected on the past. I am so happy and lucky to be a mom. Thank you H.F. for sending me an angel who has shown me another side how to feel love.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Candyland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
LOL! Candy?! Awesome!! What kid wouldn't go nutso! I love it! Did you ever see that Extreme Makeover Home Edition where the group did a candy room for a little kid? It was hilarious! The kid went crazy and got quite the sugar high just from walking into his new room!
Great job on the party: Very Creative! You can plan our next party!
Post a Comment