Thursday, October 2, 2008

I fell for it but I'm happy I did

I'm back. Soon after recovering from our illness our computer crashed. We finally got our new computer this week. A month ago I fell into a trap.

My friend Jill called me inviting us to go out to dinner. But I told her we had plans to go shopping and invited her to go out with us instead. She agreed. I called Andy letting him know Jill would be coming with us. I mentioned to him that Jill wanted to go out to dinner and I said no. Then to my surprise Andy said lets go out to dinner after we finish shopping. I told him I didn't want to got out to eat but then later agreed when he got home from work. When we were done shopping we headed over to the food court. As we were walking Andy said let's go out to dinner some where else. I said no and kept on walking. Then Jill said she agreed that we go somewhere nicer. I still said no. With both of them telling me we should got out I finally changed my mind because they were getting bothersome, so we all decided to order take out from my favorite restaurant. When we walked in Jill told me to come with her to the other room. When I walked in I heard Happy Birthday Frances! At first I couldn't see who was there because there was a big man blocking my view. When I looked again I saw my friends. I was speechless. I couldn't believe they and Andy were able to get me to my surprise party without me figuring it out before hand.

Here are a few pictures of that night.


Here I am with some of my friends.


A close up of Carly, Melissa, and Jill


A close up of Maegan and Trista


When I walked in I couldn't help but laugh at this poster of me. Who picked these pictures and who's idea was it? It reminded of me when you go to a funeral and they have pictures of the deceased.


My birthday cake



Before you see the rest of the pictures you need to know the background. A couple of years ago when A. and I went to NYC to visit my mission I ate Belgian waffles every morning. I told A. I wanted a waffle maker but he insisted it was a phase just like the George Foreman Grill. We got it and now it just collects dust so that's what he thinks I'll do with a waffle maker.


After opening the other gifts they pulled this big box from underneath the table. At first when I saw it I was wondering what it could be. But then Maegan said "what is something you've been wanting for years" I then got really excited.


Immediately I started to cry like a kid. They all started to laugh but I was like a kid again getting something I've been wanting from Santa.


Once I opened it I held the box like it was a baby.

Since then I think I've used it almost every Saturday. A. do you think it was a phase? We're going to have waffles on Saturday while we watch Conference. Yum. I can't wait. Thanks again everyone. It was an forgettable night.



2 comments:

Nelson Family said...

I wish I was there! That Andy is a great guy! Julie

Nathan and Emily said...

What a gem you married! Happy Birthday! I want to come over for waffles! I never saw you ear them in White Plains did I?