Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rain, Rain go away, come again another day

G. propped against her window wearing a princess dress watching the rain come down. I thought it was so cute. Later on during the day I didn't think she was as cute when she pooped on the floor. That's right she showed me who's boss.
I've given up on potty training. I'm going to give her a break or at least let her think she's on a short spring break. Why? It's killing me. I feel horrible at the end of the night for getting flustered... it's not worth the battle. She's smart, cute, 2yrs,and I'm learning how to be patient.

p.s. It took me a while to clean it up. I had G. watch me and I asked her, "where poop and pee go" and she replied in a sweet voice "in the toilet". She knows where it goes but doesn't want to do it.

5 comments:

Masha said...

Sorry about the potty training - it sucks! I am definitely not looking forward to potty training Harper.

Holly Park said...

Things to look forward to! Don't stress...they say boys aren't ready till they're 3, so she has some leeway to still be ahead of my guys. Thanks for the poop pic.

Brad & Kim said...

We had to take a break for a few months with Amelia. I was just pushing her too much and she wasn't ready for all the changes that came along with a new baby. After a few months, we changed things up a bit, threw out the stickers and the old ways and started fresh, new ideas, new toilet seat, new treats, and a new outlook. Second time around, it came much easier. I just had to resign myself to "whatever will be, will be!" With that attitude, I slept much better at night...even if we did still have an accident or two. Good luck! She'll get it, it's just a matter of time.

the Rew Crew said...

Oh I so feel your pain! This is why I didn't potty train Liv until she was 3 1/2 (after many previous failed attempts). I know some people think that's too old, but it was way easier on all of us.

One tip--Nature's Miracle! It's sold in pet stores and cleans up anything organic in nature (poop, pee, blood, etc). We buy it by the gallon.

Good luck!

CKSC said...

GROOOOOSSSS!!! Sorry dude, that sucks. At least you were cleaning up after your own kid....remember the poop smeared room I had to clean up one lovely morning while babysitting? Yeah, just be glad it didn't end up all over her bed, the floors and the walls....sick.