Monday, February 1, 2010

Who knew star stickers were a sign of love


Yesterday I came home from a weekend trip with friends. Part of the trip I wasn't my normal myself because I had a migraine that got worse and on top of that I was bloated with all the food we were eating.
When Sunday came around I felt better but later on in evening while I was breastfeeding B. I started to get very weak and my stomach started hurting. I yelled for A. to help me because I was about to throw up. As I was shutting the bathroom door G. kept on insisting to come in. I kept telling her no because I didn't want her to see me threw up and of course every time I took her out she would cry/yell for me. I was too weak to deal with her so I gave in. I felt bad she had to see me throw up. Not only once but several times. Yuck!
As I was kneeling by the toilet G. was trying to comfort me by massaging my back and saying "poop in toilet" while trying to look under my face. I guess she was trying to figure out where the throw up was coming from.
After a minute I thought I was fine so I went to lay down. Then moments later I ran to the bathroom because I knew something was not right. As I was throwing up G. was by my side again but instead of giving me a back massage she reached for the star stickers (which I give her when she goes pee or poop in the toilet) on the bathroom counter and then started putting them all over my arms.
I wish I took a picture of it but I couldn't.
When I woke up this morning I had star stickers all over my hair and arms. It was a sweet reminder that she loves me and that she thought the stickers would make me feel better...or she rewarded me because that the throw up went in the toilet not on the floor. It's true...children are innocent.

4 comments:

Holly Park said...

It must've been all the alcohol from that crazy girls weekend...just kidding! Hope you're feeling better!

Erin said...

What a sweet little girl to give you a massage and cover you with stickers. Hope you are feeling better by now.

Jill said...

I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE that kid.

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Oh man, I am sooo sorry you were sick and had migraines, I thought you were so much fun to be with, and I didn't even know you didn't feel well!! Maybe our hot tubbing with that wierdo grossed you out :). I love G. she is too cute for words, way to aim in the tiolet!!