Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Chicken ...What?

We were in UT during 4th of July weekend visiting my brother's family. I noticed one morning G. woke up with a couple of zits on her face. I thought she was allergic to some of the food I had given her the day before. Later on that night while Andy was getting G. ready for bed he called me into the bathroom a little worried. He showed me her back and her chest. He thought she had chicken pox but we weren't sure so we called my mom, my sister-n-law and her mom into the room to check out Grace's back. Once it was confirmed she had chicken pox.I got worried because Andy told me he's never had chicken pox. Andy said he wasn't worried but deep down I know he was thinking "I hope I don't get them".

Exactly two weeks later I got up to get ready to attend a wedding. When I woke Andy up I knew there was something wrong. He had a fever, his chest and body ached. (Normally, Andy tolerates pain really well.) Then after a couple of hours of resting Andy felt better, and we thought he was fine. After returning from the reception we knew it was bad when he took off his shirt but we had no idea it would get worse in the days to come.

To make the long story short. After returning from our trip Andy had to miss work for about a week, well kind of. He was able to do some work remotely while I pampered him and Grace.

Grace's back with chicken pox Andy's back with chicken pox

Update: We still don't know how Grace got the chicken pox. But we think she got it from her last visit to the doctor's office 2 weeks before they appeared on her body. Andy and Grace have recovered from the chicken pox. However, Grace's body looks like she's never had the chicken pox while Andy's body tells a different story. His back and his chest still have scares.

4 comments:

Nathan and Emily said...

You beautiful girl! I am so happy to see you! I miss you seeing you! I'll be e-mailing you the recipe. Can we pulease get together soon?
So sorry about Andy getting the pox along with Grace. I'm so happy he didn't get sicker than he did.
Love you!

The Rennakers: said...

That's awful!!!
Andy, your creamy skin! Your hairless creamy skin! Too bad, sooo sad. Frances, be nice to him.

the Rew Crew said...

I'm just thrilled the comment button is working on your blog now. But seriously, that is really too bad about the POX!

Andrea said...

That stinks!! To get sick on vacation too. Now she won't have to worry about getting chicken pox in school though. Poor Andy!