We took a trip to UT to see my friend Kaitie's wedding in mid July.The night before our flight I was so worried about Grace's plane ride. I've heard of so many stories of babies crying the whole flight. To avoid the misery I brought everything you can think of to entertain or feed a baby. Funny story. A lady at the airport asked me if this was my first and I said yes. She said she could tell. Then I looked at my bag and laughed because I did look like a first time mom. Grace's first plane ride. She did so well playing with the headphones, laughing at the passengers sitting behind us, and singing.
Grace and I outside the temple
When I returned home from my mission I was planning on staying with my friend but at the last minute she told me she would be leaving on vacation. At the time I didn't feel comfortable being by myself yet. So she thought of an idea. She'd drop me off at her friend's apt and would pick me up after her trip. But she forgot to mention her friend was gone for a month and her roommate would be the only one there. To make the long story short my friend didn't come back to pick me up and I ended up living with these wonderful ladies. I felt bad because Kaitie (the bride) had to help me adjust to reality. My other roommate Katie(the beautiful girl in red) was my actual roommate. I felt bad because she saw me cry a lot. But she was wonderful. She shared everything with me. We created some funny memories together. She joined the church a few months after I returned from my mission. My other roommate Steph was so funny and sweet. We lived together for 2 years. We're all married now and live far away. Katie and I are the only ones with baby girls.
When I'm at the grocery store, at church or at the park people always ask me if I've cut her hair because it looks perfect. I tell people her hair grows out perfectly. I feel lucky.
I don't know the baby boy's name but Grace and him had a great time playing with each other at the wedding. They look like a baby couple. Cute.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Wedding in UT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment