Monday, August 4, 2008

Santa Barbara trip

It's been along time since I've updated our blog. I'll do my best updating you on everything. But for now I only have time to share our quick trip to Santa Barbara. Our old stomping grounds. We visited UCSB campus, our 1st ghetto apt as newlyweds, and we hung out with our good friends Adam and Roxy this past June.

Image looking out of your classroom or your dorm room and seeing this.(see pictures below) The beach and lagoon is UCSB's backyard. Looking at these pictures bring back
many memories. Andy and I use to run,walk, and have picnics by the cliffs.(sorry, I didn't take pictures of the cliffs)



We meet up with Adam and Roxy in Goleta. We first walked around campus, ate at the famous Woodstock pizza parlor, walked the streets of Goleta and stopped by our old place to take a picture. After hours of walking we decided to walk state street (downtown SB). We ate again but after we ate I was too tired to walk again. So we decided to head home. We love and miss SB.

Adam and Roxy posing in front of the tower on campus.

Our 1st apt as newlyweds I'll never miss. I'll have to tell you why. One sunny day we drove to SB to find a place to live. We'd only been married for a couple of weeks, we didn't have a cell phone, and Andy was in charge of finding a place while I was in charge of contacting the managers. We drove around looking for signs that read "For Rent" and wrote down the numbers. Afters Andy dropped me off at the LDS institute to borrow their phone Andy left to meet with some managers in the mean time. After a couple of hours had past Andy returned very excited and happy. He said I have a the perfect place for us. It has a big living room and bedroom, and a huge walk in closet. He emphasized "walk in closet" several times. So we headed over to the place. When I walked in I about died. Yes, Andy was telling the truth about a big apt with a huge walk in closet but he forgot to mention there were dead cockroaches in the kitchen cabinets. I told him I didn't want to live there over and over. But he kept on assisting that this was the perfect place for us, we could sign the lease that day, we could save money, we would live closer to campus, and they offered to clean up the dead cockroaches, etc... I still said no. After telling Andy over and over no he said "Frances, Brigham Young told the saints you can change a desert into a paradise if you are righteous or you can change a paradise into a desert if you are wicked". I guess you can tell who won this discuss.

We lived on the second floor where the blinds are tied together.


Roxy, & I took a break from walking and sat underneath some trees by the tennis courts while Adam and Andy played with Ty.


I had to take this picture of Andy and Ty playing around. It was funny seeing them play together.

1 comments:

Nelson Family said...

It looks like you had a great time! I love first year memories. We miss you guys!
Julie